What to Do in Québec City in August
Here’s how we recommend spending those beautiful sunny days of August.
Explore the Only Walled City North of Mexico
Jeff Frenette Photography
The well-preserved fortifications and unique architecture of this UNESCO World Heritage Site will make you feel like you’ve landed in another century. Soak up the vibe from one of the many patios, stroll along the charming streets, and be sure to visit the 10 must-see attractions in Old Québec.
Feel the Beat of the Major Events and Festivals
The New-France Festival, Audet Photo
Be amazed by the uninterrupted parade of fun and world-class events:
- Grands Feux Loto-Québec: This year, the fireworks will take place every Thursday from July 21 until September 1. A bonus firework will also be presented on Sunday August 7.
- New France Festival: A unique historical, festive and gastronomic event showcasing life in the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Plein Art: The most important summer gathering of crafts in the province.
- Cigale: Musical performances by KALEO, Portugal. The Man, Andy Grammer and many other artists on the Baie de Beauport beach.
- Free Circus Show: The brand new show travels through the parks of the city.
- Festibière de Québec: A summer happening for beer lovers.
Play in the Great Outdoors
Parc national de la Jacques-Cartier, Mathieu Dupuis
The Québec City area has amazing parks just minutes from the city centre where you can go hiking, mountain biking, kayaking and canoeing, canyoning, rafting, and more. Locals and visitors love the easy access to the great outdoors just minutes from the city, with more than enough to keep you busy. Get the lowdown on the parks that offer beauty, fresh air, and outdoor activities as far as the eye can see.
Keep Cool in the Summer Heat
When the sun comes out and the weather gets hot, what could be better than a nice dip? Waterparks, beaches, swimming areas and spray parks—find an oasis to better enjoy the warmer climes!
Foodie Finds on Île d'Orléans
Jeff Frenette Photography
Everyone loves driving around Île d’Orléans, but have you ever taken the time to stop and enjoy the food? Try the vanilla and black currant soft-serve ice cream at Cassis Monna & filles, the Paillasson cheese at Fromages de l’isle d’Orléans, the craft beer at the microbrewery, the jam at Confiturerie Tigidou, or a sweet treat from Chocolaterie de l’Île d'Orléans. Yum!
Make Delicious Discoveries in Public Markets
Ville de Québec
Foodies will love the abundance of fresh arrivals at Québec City’s farmer’s markets. These neighbourhood happenings and roadside stands are a great place to chat with locals and pick up mouth-watering seasonal fare.