Québec City: Travel Restrictions and COVID-19 Update
Québec City COVID-19 Update: January 17, 2022
Please note that the articles throughout our website are not all up to date according to the latest measures.
As this situation continues to change rapidly, please visit the official websites to have the most up to date information. The information on these websites prevails at all times:
- Information for the province of Québec: Government of Québec’s website
- Information for Canada: Government of Canada's website and its travel section
Please note that it is strongly recommended to confirm the schedule with the different establishments before traveling and to book ahead when possible.
COVID-19 Travel Restrictions in Québec City
What is open in Québec City now?
Restaurants are open for take-out, delivery and drive-through.
Shops and shopping centers are open.
Access to these activities is limited to fully vaccinated people and their capacity is reduced to allow physical distancing:
- Ski chalets and snowmobile relays (only to warm up and go to the toilet. No food consumption inside)
- Outdoor events
Québec City is a safe destination where health measures are rigorously applied and we look forward to welcoming you.
What is closed in Québec City now?
- Dining rooms in restaurants (take-out, delivery and drive-through remain possible)
- Places of worship
- Bars and casinos
- Indoor events canceled until further notice
- Indoor amusement centers
- Performance halls and cinemas
- Gyms and spas (except personal care)
- Indoor sports unless practiced alone, in pair or between occupants of the same private residence
What are the current travel restrictions in Québec City?
- Access to certain non-essential activities restricted to fully immunized visitors with the vaccination passport.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask or a face cover in closed and partially covered public places as well as in public transports for people 10 years and older.
- The number of customers authorized in attractions is limited in order to allow physical distancing. It is strongly recommended to book ahead when possible in order to prepare your stay.
This page presents a summary of the measures in force. Please refer to the Government of Québec's website for the restrictions by type of business.
Vaccination proof for non-essential activities (vaccination passport)
A vaccination passport is in place to allow people 13 years old and over who are adequately vaccinated to access certain non-essential activities.
People traveling to Québec will have to present a valid photo ID with an address outside Québec and the official proof of vaccination against COVID-19 issued by their province or country to access the non-essential activities mentioned above.
What Are the Travel Restrictions in Canada?
Can you travel to Canada during the coronavirus disease pandemic?
As this situation continues to change rapidly, we invite you to make sure you are eligible to enter Canada. An assistance tool is also in place to help you check if you can enter the country and the conditions to be met.
Do I have to quarantine if I travel within Canada?
There are no isolation measures and no tests for people arriving from other Canadian provinces.