Your Complete Guide to a Colourful Thanksgiving Weekend
The fall colours in the Québec City Area will be at their peak during the Thanksgiving long weekend (October 8–10 this year in Canada). It’s the perfect time to take a stroll through the streets of Old Québec or enjoy the great outdoors in the dazzling beauty of the countryside. Here are some fun things to do during a stay in Québec City for Thanksgiving:
1. Explore the prettiest streets of Old Québec while giving your Instagram account a major boost. Share your memories with us: #Quebeccite.
2. Make gourmet discoveries at Grand Marché de Québec or at Marché public de Sainte-Foy.
3. Take the AML Cruises river shuttle that connects the Old Port to Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré to explore the attractions of Côte-de-Beaupré.
4. Be amazed by the fall colours at their peak in grandiose parks a stone's throw from the city.
5. Drive around Île d'Orléans to sample delicious local goods in a charming setting.
6. Marvel at the giant horticultural works of the Mosaïcultures in the Parc du Bois-de-Coulonge.
7. Get ready for Halloween by visiting the decorations installed throughout the Joan of Arc Garden on the Plains of Abraham.
8. Enjoy the crisp autumn air while enjoying a nature walk in a gorgeous urban park.
9. See the forest from the canopy at Arbraska Chauveau or Arbraska Duchesnay treetop adventures.
10. Go apple picking and enjoy the family entertainment offered in several orchards.
11. Visit the vineyards, distilleries and other local liquor producers.
12. Discover Onhwa’ Lumina, the new multimedia pathway in the forest to meet the Wendat people.
13. Observe thousands of Snow Geese at the Cap Tourmente National Wildlife Area.
14. Treat yourself to a moment to relax in one of the Nordic spas and health centers in the region.
15. Take a hike to see spectacular fall scenery. Psst! Get inspired by our favourite trails for this time of the year!