What to Do in Québec City in January
In search of a good New Year's resolution? How about resolving to do January with a positive mental attitude and enjoy all the activities on offer in and around Québec City?
Hôtel de Glace (Ice Hotel)
- Etienne Dionne
Do like the thousands of visitors who come from all over the world to visit this architectural wonder! You will be amazed by its entrance hall and its beautifully decorated rooms, which are reincarnated under a new theme each winter. Why not get out of your comfort zone by spending the night there?
Explore Old Québec's Hidden Treasures
- Maison de la Littérature, Jeff Frenette Photography
Old Québec has several stories to share through its heritage treasures. By entering the historical attractions, you will find out why the destination is so unique in America. Here are some of the historial gems in Old Québec to discover.
Eat Under the Stars
- Sushi X
Spend a warm and magical evening while watching the snowflakes gently falling down.
- The domes installed on the Ophelia's patio allow you to keep an eye on the twinkling lights of Grande Allée throughout your meal.
- Avenue Cartier seduces thanks to the famous colourful lampshades. Don't miss anything of its magical atmosphere while seated in one of the heated domes of the Sushi X restaurant.
- Le Sacrilege’s terrace is one of Saint-Jean-Baptiste’s best kept secrets. Surrounded by stonewalls and mature trees, it now offers a festive atmosphere all year round thanks to its winter garden.
- Formerly known as Portofino Sainte-Foy, Bossini offers the same delicious menu and trendy ambiance, plus a winter terrace with luxury domes.
Be Amazed by the Immersive Multimedia Pathway in Wendake
- Simon Clark
Produced in collaboration with the internationally renowned Québec firm Moment Factory, Onhwa’ Lumina is the only immersive multimedia experience of its kind to be open in winter in Québec. With a length of 1.2 km, it transports visitors to a magical world combining nature and technology with, as a backdrop, the rich history of the Huron-Wendat Nation.
5 Reasons to Ski Around Québec City
- Francis Gagnon
Skiers and snowboarders can take their pick of four different hills less than an hour from the city centre. See our 5 reasons to go skiing in the Québec City Area.
5 Amazing Trails for Snowshoeing
- Sentier des caps de Charlevoix, Jean-Marie Grange
Snowshoeing is one of the easiest ways to enjoy the snowy outdoors. We’ve got great suggestions for hikes in all kinds of beautiful locations.
Get Started With Fat Biking
- Empire 47, Andy Vathis