French Immersion Schools in Québec City
Whether you’re simply keen to learn a new language or need to do so for work or school, Québec City is a popular destination for people looking to improve their French.
The Benefits of Learning French in Québec City
A place where everyone speaks French
Québec City is one of the first places where Francophone culture took root in North America and is one of the only major French-speaking cities in Canada today. A full 95% percent of people in Québec City have French as their first language, making it a great place to learn French.
A safe city
Québec is also one of the safest major cities in Canada. It has one of the lowest crime rates anywhere in North America, making it an ideal destination for an extended stay and a great place to send your teenagers to learn French.
A wonderful UNESCO World Heritage Site
Québec is a gorgeous city and boasts a historic district featured on UNESCO’s list of World Heritage sites. The streets of Old Québec are lined with architectural gems that are modelled on European styles, giving you the feeling that you’ve stumbled into another century. There’s nothing quite like it anywhere else on the continent! Most of the schools that offer French immersion programs are located near Old Québec.
Fun French Canadian culture
People in Québec City are proud of their French Canadian heritage and happy to share it with you. The region is bursting with culturally authentic activities and attractions. There’s also a full calendar of events and exhibitions that keep the city hopping throughout the year.
French Immersion Programs
Bouchereau Lingua International Inc.
Being immersed in a fully French-speaking environment for days at a time is the best way to learn French quickly and effectively. There are a number of different ways you can do this, on your own or as part of a small group:
- French lessons and activities: These are programs that combine class time with time spent going on tours, taking hands-on classes and workshops, and/or taking part in cultural activities. Offered by Edu-Inter.
- French summer camps for teens: These are full immersion programs that include cultural and/or sports activities and outings to see the whales in Tadoussac and to Montreal. Winter camps are also available. Offered by Edu-Inter.
- French immersion homestays: This is a great way to practice the French you learn in class and gain a better understanding of Québec culture. Offered by Edu-Inter and École Québec Monde.
- French lessons and work experience: Learn French and get paid while doing it! With this option, you’ll offset the cost of your trip while gaining work experience and learning French. Offered by Edu-Inter.
- Virtual French classes: To learn or perfect your French online, from the comfort of your own home. Offered by Edu-Inter, École Québec Monde, and BLI Québec.