9 Premium Experiences in Québec City to Wow Your Clients
Québec is a city like no other, with a vibrant culture, world-class restaurants, and architecture that makes you feel like you’re in an open-air museum. Your clients will love its European charm, numerous attractions, and ever-expanding roster of unique experiences. Here are 9 premium experiences in the Québec City area:
- Fairmont Le Château Frontenac
- Auberge Saint-Antoine
Luxury Hotels in the Heart of Old Québec
Québec City’s historic district is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with multiple 4- and 5-star hotels. Their wide range of services and highly trained staff are sure to make your clients lifelong fans. For the château lifestyle, there’s Fairmont Le Château Frontenac , an iconic hotel that has towered high above the cliff and the St. Lawrence River since 1893. Your clients will no doubt want to have drinks at Sam and dine at the Champlain restaurant before retiring to one of the impeccably renovated suites. For an even more luxurious stay, you can recommend the Fairmont Gold experience, which includes a dedicated reception desk and concierge, as well as priority reservations.
Auberge Saint-Antoine is a boutique hotel in the Old Port, right near the Petit-Champlain district. A member of the prestigious Relais & Châteaux association, the hotel occupies an 18th-century building that has been impeccably preserved by its owners, Québec City’s illustrious Price family. Everything exudes history and refinement, with all the comfort and amenities of home. Your clients will also love Chez Muffy, the gourmet hotel restaurant known for its market-fresh offerings.
More luxury accommodations:
- Les Lofts du Vieux-Québec offers your clients a breathtaking view from the dome in the St. Laurent Penthouse
- Hotel Port Royal has welcomed none other than the Rolling Stones to its Royal Suite, which occupies the top floor of a former bank and features a giant rooftop patio
Make their stay in Old Québec that much more memorable with a world-class cultural experience, such as a visit to the national fine arts museum (Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec) to catch one of the many impressive exhibitions, or an evening of theatre, dance, or opera at Le Diamant, a performing arts venue established by Robert Lepage.
- Au Chalet en Bois Rond
Exceptional Locations with Stunning Scenery
Help your clients get off the beaten trail by recommending one of these unique accommodation options: ·
- For a cozy stay in the forest with all the modern amenities, why not try Au Chalet en Bois Rond log cabins?
- A luxurious waterfront villa on Île d’Orléans, just 15 minutes from Québec City, featuring spectacular views of the St. Lawrence River.
- Rentals in the heart of the forest but close to the heart of town, like Bora Boréal in Sainte-Brigitte-de-Laval or the fabulous Hygge house or luxury cabins at Maelstrom Mountain in Lac-Beauport.
- Auberge Saint-Antoine
- Groupe La Tanière-Simon Ferland
- Le Saint-Amour
- Tourisme Wendake
The Ultimate in Fine Dining
Québec City’s food scene combines French, British, North American, and Indigenous influences and is celebrated in Canada and around the world for its use of local ingredients and Boreal forest flavours. For a culinary experience your clients won’t soon forget:
- Chez Muffy at Auberge Saint-Antoine serves up gourmet terroir cuisine. In winter you can even have dinner under the stars in a private sunroom.
- The chef’s counter at Tanière3 gets you a front-row seat at this celebrated restaurant.
- Chef Stéphane Modat’s Le Clan does incredible things with local and northern terroir ingredients.
- The Laurie Raphaël is a venerable institution in Québec City’s food scene that has long championed local ingredients.
- Restaurant La Traite is Indigenous cooking at its finest in the gorgeous surroundings of Hôtel-Musée Premières Nations.
- Le Saint-Amour is a monument to French cuisine that uses some of the finest ingredients in the province.
- Kebec Club Privé is a supper club where the mouthwatering local cuisine is enjoyed by a small group at a single long table.
- Virginie Gosselin
A Road Trip in a Luxury Car
There’s a real-life treasure island just 15 minutes from Québec City: Île d’Orléans. Follow an itinerary that takes you around the island on a tour full of food and history, culminating in a meal with an unbeatable view on the private terrace at Cassis Monna et Filles.
- Dany Vachon
A Stay in the Only Ice Hotel in North America
Hôtel de Glace is an ephemeral work of art built entirely of ice and snow—the only one of its kind in North America. A truly memorable hotel experience.
Ask about the Premium Deluxe Suite, which has a private hot tub and sauna. Your clients may also appreciate the King Suite at the 4-star Hôtel Valcartier, where the VIP treatment makes all the difference and includes champagne served with flutes made of ice.
- Claude Bouchard
A Departure or Arrival Port for a Winning Cruise
Québec City offers a stunning show from May to October, moving from the buds of spring to the excitement of summer to the glorious fall colours. With all the tourist attractions and amenities, it’s easily one of the best destinations on the Canada–New England route. Make Québec City the departure or arrival destination for your clients’ luxury cruise aboard:
- Le Monastère des Augustines
- Strøm spa nordique
Self-Care in a Soothing Environment
For clients looking to relax and recharge, a holistic health journey could be just what the travel agent ordered. Inspired by a world-renowned Scandinavian tradition, the thermal experience at Strøm Spa takes place in a stunning natural setting, with a complex that has won a flurry architectural awards.
At Monastère des Augustines, your clients will enjoy a personalized holistic health experience in the first hospital in North America, now converted into a place of healing that safeguards the precious heritage of the Augustinian nuns.
The St. Lawrence River on a Private Sailboat
If your clients sail, why not suggest they get out on the St. Lawrence River on a private sailboat? Vieux Port Yachting rents sailboats to visitors looking for a nautical experience on the St. Lawrence.
Yacht-Club de Québec is fully equipped to receive visitors, whether for day moorage or a longer stay.
- Annie Fafard
- Train de Charlevoix, Caroline Perron
- Club Med
A Luxe Getaway to Club Med Québec Charlevoix
Book your clients a getaway in magnificent Charlevoix, a paradise for foodies as much as for anyone who loves the great outdoors. In the summer, they can travel to Baie-Saint-Paul or the casino aboard the Charlevoix train, which takes passengers along a beautiful mountainside route.
The refined experience at North America’s first Club Med mountain village, Club Med Québec Charlevoix, is a sure bet in any season. In winter, get them out on the slopes at Le Massif de Charlevoix, which boasts the biggest vertical drop east of the Rockies. If your clients are foodies, Charlevoix Flavour Trail makes a great gourmet addition to any itinerary. They’ll meet passionate local producers and taste products sought after around the world, all in an idyllic country setting.
You can count on our professionals to help you plan, promote, and organize your clients' stay.