10 Reasons Why You Should Go to the German Christmas Market
Content partner : German Christmas Market
When the air becomes crisp and snow begins to fall, Old Québec transitions into a stunning winter wonderland. Snow-capped 17th and 18th-century buildings, festive lights strung along doorways and roofs, and in the heart of Old Québec, a charming German Christmas Market which runs from November 25 to December 23, 2021. Frohe Weihnachten!
Here are 10 reasons to plan a visit:
1. After being forced to take a break last year, Québec City’s German Christmas Market is back with all the beloved trimmings: 90 stands, 4 magical venues (including a new one: Place D’Youville), and a festive holiday mood that’s fun for kids and grown-ups alike.
2. The German Christmas Market is pulling out all the stops to entertain visitors with a free and varied program of outdoor shows, Christmas tunes performed by musicians and choirs, entertainment for kids, and—to everyone’s delight—the return of Krampus. You won’t want to miss it!
3. Old Québec’s irresistible European charm is made even more so with the addition of 90 quaint wood stands for the pop-up Christmas Village.
4. Feeling chilly? Head to the German Christmas Market for some mulled wine, a traditional holiday drink that will warm you up from head to toe. When it’s time to get into the holiday spirit, the Winterbar is the perfect place to have a drink and soak up the laid-back European vibe.
5. Indulge in delightful (and flavourful) great artisanal local products. Stop by the BMW Alpine Chalet where a different Québec chef will cook up yummy eats each week.
6. Fill up on tasty German specialities like bratwurst, pretzels, traditional cakes, hot mulled wine, and much more.
7. There is no better place in town to find original Christmas decorations like an intricately carved nativity scene, a unique wooden Santa Claus or other products exclusively imported from Germany for the event.
8. Younger visitors will love all the free activities in the kids’ zone, including crafts, organized board games, Christmas storytime in the chalet, outdoor games, and puppet shows at the Theaterplatz. Come join the fun!
9. It is one of the top Instagram destinations in Old Québec in winter. Yes, really! Visit the Market, then walk up to the top of Pierre-Dugua-De-Mons Terrace, capture the festive lights strung along rue du Petit-Champlain and ride the ferry across the St. Lawrence River to Lévis for a beautiful shot of the Québec City skyline.
10. Admission to the German Christmas Market is FREE!
November 25 to December 23, 2021 (Thursdays to Sundays)
Rue Sainte-Anne, place D'Youville, place and jardins de l'Hôtel-de-Ville (Old Québec)
What exactly is a content partner?
A content partner acts as a sponsor by paying for a post. Destination Québec cité retains editorial control over the content of such posts. Content partners can have a say in the approach or the subject of a post but are not involved in its creation.