Discover the 10 best things to do and see in Old Québec. A stay is not complete without visiting these must-see attractions.
The Best Ice Skating Rinks and Trails
Skating in the Québec City region holds special appeal, whether you can barely stand on skates or you’re a skating acrobat! Take full advantage of winter with this Nordic activity with friends, family, or that special someone. Don't miss the best part about ice skating: warming up with a hot chocolate!
Ice Skating in Town
Ice rink at site des sports de la Pointe-aux-Lièvres, Ville de Québec
Ice Rink on the Plains of Abraham, Ville de Québec
Place D'Youville skating rink
Setting: Skate in the heart of the action at Place D’Youville! Glide across a refrigerated rink amid the ambiance of Old Québec, just across from Porte Saint-Jean and Capitole de Québec.
When: From mid-November to mid-March
Where to warm up with a hot drink nearby: Café-boulangerie Paillard
Plains of Abraham skating rink
- Setting: Enjoy this winter pleasure in a magical setting on a charming historic site.
- When: From mid-December to mid-March
- Where to warm up with a hot drink nearby: Café Krieghoff
Other ice rinks in the city
Forest Skating Trails Around Québec City
Fill your lungs with fresh air and skate amid exceptional country landscapes while marveling at the surrounding beauty!
Village Vacances Valcartier
- Setting: Trails with lighting and sound systems winding more than a kilometre through the largest winter playground in North America.
- When: From mid-December to end of March
- Where to warm up with a hot drink nearby: At one of the restaurants on premises
Other Forest Skating Trails
- Parc national de la Jacques-Cartier offers a 500-metre ice pathway where skaters can admire the beautiful valley landscape (no rental available).
- Lac-Beauport: A 3-kilometre rink on a lake located near Le Relais ski resort (no rental available).
- Cities of Shannon and Sainte-Catherine-de-la-Jacques-Cartier both maintain nice skating trails through the forest.
The selected skating rinks offer skate rental on-site, unless otherwise indicated.
Please note that skating rinks are open depending on weather conditions. We recommend calling ahead to confirm.
10 Hotels for Your Dream Family Vacation Read
7 Outdoor Activities for Families Read
The Best Snow Tubing and Snow Sliding Read
Sponsored5 Reasons to Visit the Hôtel de Glace in Québec City Read
5 Family Activities for Christmas Read
5 Family-Friendly Indoor Activity Ideas Read
7 Fun Activities with Kids from 6 to 11 Years Old Read
5 Activities Cool Enough for Teenagers Read