25 Reasons to Spend the Labour Day Weekend in Québec City
Treat yourself to a stay in Québec City for the last weekend of the summer and fill up on fun before heading into your fall routine.
1. Explore Old Québec while giving your Instagram account a major boost. Share your memories with us: #Quebeccite.
2. Attend one of the last performances of the free outdoor circus show presented at place Jean-Béliveau.
3. Meet with Indigenous People at KWE!, a free event in front of the Parliament building.
4. Discover Joan Miró's work, internationally-renowned painter and sculptor, at MNBAQ.
5. Attend the UCI Mountain Bike World World Cup at Mont-Sainte-Anne.
6. Go tubing down the Jacques Cartier River at Parc national de la Jacques-Cartier, a provincial park in a spectacular glacier valley.
7. Try one of the 2019 best new restaurants.
8. See Passages Insolites, an outdoor public exhibition including 12 unusual installations. It’s oh‑so Instagram friendly!
9. Make gourmet discoveries at the new Grand Marché de Québec (public market).
10.Taste delicious blackcurrant confections at Cassis Monna & Filles estate.
11. Get a good deal on a great meal at Burger Week.
12. Take afternoon tea in a sumptuous décor at Château Frontenac’s Champlain Restaurant.
13. Have a lobster roll at Panache Mobile, in the vineyard of Vignoble Sainte-Pétronille. Bonus: You’ll have a great view of the Montmorency Falls.
14. Do a running workout in picturesque places.
15. Have a major cultural experience at MondoKarnaval. 45 shows, 42 countries, and 800 artists!
16. Hear a wildlife concert under a blanket of stars at Forêt Montmorency, with musicians in canoes riffing on melodies from the surrounding forest.
17. Have a sweet treat at one of the best ice cream spots around. Bonus: Chocolat Favoris has a crazy cotton‑candy‑flavoured creation that’s like the soft‑serve version of a unicorn!
18. Tour the region’s top microbreweries with Broue-Tours Québec.
19. Join the party at Fête Arc-en-ciel de Québec, a social and arts Pride Festival.
20. Explore the best mountain biking trails in Eastern Canada.
22. Do a little shopping in one of Québec City neighbourhoods.
23. Explore Aquarium du Québec's outdoor site illuminated by dozens of lanterns during Musiko : the music of lights.
24. Take a free guided tour of the Parliament Building.
25. Enjoy the last days of Village Vacances Valcartier's outdoor waterpark to try out the new attraction, the Eldorado.
Be also inspired by our summer activity ideas.
Have a great weekend!