The Québec City area is a leader in the insurance and financial services industry and the country’s second largest industry hub. Companies with head offices in Québec City and Lévis create thousands of quality jobs and form a pan-Canadian power seat. This industry is an important economic lever, stimulating other key industries. Competitive yet cooperative, Québec City boasts an entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem that is ideal for investment, business development as well as for the meeting and convention industry.
Sector Key Figures
- 10 insurance company head offices
- 370 companies
- 21,950 direct jobs
- 66,000 graduates in insurance-related fields
- Over 300 major real estate projects
- 101 government head offices – 37,000 jobs
- More than 40 industrial zones and parks in the Québec City CMA
- Nearly 30 million sq. ft of technology spaces
- Over 4,100 companies
Clusters and Development Organizations
- Puissance Onze – Centre de développement en assurances et services financiers (CDASF) - Group of 11 general and life and health insurance companies.
- Québec International - Economic development agency that promotes business growth, supports driving sectors, and attracts talent and investment to Québec City.
- Québec City Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Organization representing over 4,500 local business people from every sector of the economy.
- Québec City Youth Chamber of Commerce
- Coalition Force 4.0 – Group of regional leaders and institutions working to accelerate the transition to the fourth industrial revolution by supplying promoters of major innovation projects with the resources they need to succeed.
- Québec Metro High Tech Park –Technology business community of some 100 companies and research centres with nearly 6,000 workers.
- Corporation des parcs industriels de Québec - Group representing over 3,000 companies in industrial zones and parks. Founding partner of Prix Créateurs d’emplois du Québec (job creation awards).
Events in assurances, financial services and business
- Society of Research Administrators International Annual Meeting - 2022
- FEI Canada Annual Conference - 2021
- New York Life Assurance President’s Council - 2019
- Sommet international du repreneuriat – Québec 2019
- G7 Summit - 2018
- Canadian Institute of Actuaries 2017 Annual Meeting
- IFORS 2017 – 21st Conférence of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies
- National Insurance Conference of Canada 2017
- Forum international de Québec sur la croissance des entreprises – 2016
- 2016 JCI World Congress
- International Summit of Cooperatives – 2014 and 2016
- Canadian Life & Health Insurance Association Claims Section Annual Conference 2014
- Investors Group 2014 APEX Summit – 2014