Real estate projects focused on sustainable development and green technologies, including wooden constructions, are in full swing in Québec City. Science is at the service of the industry in the Québec City area, thanks to research centers and training programs that meet the needs of the industry.
Sector Key Figures
- 295 companies
- 6,500 jobs
- $2.5 billion in sustainable real estate projects under way or announced
Des organismes au service du bâtiment vert
- QUEBOX - Showcase and toolbox developed by a group of Québec manufacturers to promote buildings with low carbon footprints.
- Urban Science Joint Research Unit (UMRsu) – Unique research network for smart and sustainable cities
- Green and smart building network (BVI)
Events in the green and smart building
- Woodrise 2019
- International Scientific Conference on Hardwood Processing, 2015
- World Conference on Timber Engineering et 68th International Convention Forest Product Society, 2014
- UNEP-SBCI 2014 Annual Meeting and Symposium - United Nation’s Environment Programme’s Sustainable Building and Climate Initiative, 2014