Information in Case of Disaster
Various means of communication can inform you about the evolution of the situation and the safety instructions to be respected:
- The City of Québec Website
- Québec City Tourism's Facebook (@quebecregion) and Twitter accounts (@quebecregion)
- Twitter Accounts of the City of Québec (@villequebec), of the Police Department (@SPVQ_police) and of the Fire Protection Department (@SPCIQ) - All in French only
- Rely on Internet, radio stations, and television to stay connected with the latest news
Stay in Touch with your Family Members
Communicating with family and friends is essential when an emergency occurs.
- Use non-voice channels such as text messages, emails or social medias, which can work even when the phone service is interrupted
- If you use a phone, please be brief
311 - Citizen Relations Center of Québec City
This number allows you to obtain information on a service, to send a request for an intervention or to repair defective equipment or to report a problem on public roads.
911 – For Emergencies Only
It is very important to call 911 ONLY if you need a quick and urgent intervention (police, fire or ambulance).
Find a resource offering medical consultation on the same or the next day.
Foreign Consuls and Representations
- Consulate General of France
500, Grande-Allée Est – 11st floor, Québec City, G1R 2J7
- Consulate General of USA
2, rue de la Terrasse-Dufferin, Québec City, G1R 4T9
- Consulate General of Mexico
380 Grande Allée Ouest, Office 1407, Québec City, G1S 4M1
For other countries, please consult the directory of foreign representations in Quebec.